Advertisement norms to be followed by AAERI Nepal members: Complied by Nishi Borra, Atlas Consultants. AAERI Executive Member, AP-Hyderabad region
The advertising rules are formulated after consultation with AEI and DIAC in order to regulate advertisement activities, promote the Australian education business and protect the legitimate rights of prospective students, agents and institutes and to enable advertisements to play a positive role in marketing Australian education and Institutes.
It is expected and recommended that all AAERI Nepal members will abide by these rules. Strict disciplinary action may be considered where an advertisement is published in violation of this Advertising Policy.
1. All advertisements should not contain any false or misleading information and shall not mislead any students. All the members should follow principles of fairness, honesty and credibility. Australia's Education services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (the ESOS Act) and its National code give clear guidance on these matters. Relevant sections are copied as attachment.
2. All advertisements should be true to the facts, lawful and compliance with both general Nepalese laws, Australian immigration laws, the ESOS Act and its National Code.
3. An advertisement shall not involve any of the following:
a. Using the names and logos of Australian Government organizations like Australian trade commission (Austrade), Australian Education International (AEI), Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) or any of their functionaries without their clear permission for the same.
b. Using the sentences such as "Official Australian Education Fair", "Australian Government" etc in their education fairs and promotions.
c. Using the words which guarantees jobs, working, employment in Australia and any references to permanent residence regulations should be made only in accordance with Australian Governments Immigration Regulations which allows reference to the website.
d. Should not guarantee approval of visa or use words such as "Guarantee Visa"
e. Should not offer discounts in fee and other incentives like gifts, free air tickets, money backs and free accommodation.
4. Members may not engage in unfair competition of any form in their advertising activity.
5. Members should advertise only institutes:
a. are appropriately registered with Australia to deliver courses to overseas students; b. they are authorized to represent; and c. with whom they have concluded a written agency agreement.
6. Prior permission for advertisements should be obtained from each of the respective institutes before they advertise those institutes or use their logos.
7. It is recommended to use AAERI Nepal logos in all members’ advertisements to promote AAERI Nepal.
8. E-Visa or E-Lodgment logo can be used only as per the directive of DIAC and as pet the advise of DIAC
9. Any claims that cannot be made substantiated like "Best" or "No.1" should not be made in the advertisements
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE REGULAR UPDATES